Tuesday 24 May 2016

FMP Final Pieces

I really like this drawing of Altheda, however she does look a little flat, if I were to draw this again or add to it I'd try to make her look more three dimensional with some additional shading perhaps. I wanted her to look like a dirty blonde, I gave her a red nose to maybe portray that she is in the cold a lot as her character is poor, accented with a cold blue and simple background.

I much prefer this drawing to my original digital sketch of the worm, I made the lines a lot neater and I gave him much smoother shading with a dash of texture that I like. I'm not too keen on the background but I thought it looked better than having just a flat colour, this way it looks more like a forest background at first glance. I tried to keep the colours muted as it is a sad scene with a gross monstrous worm to help portray the mood. If I gave myself more time to work on it I'd have drawn a real background, with trees and flowers, perhaps even the other characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment